Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sonova Crap

So, things are going well in Knittsville. I'm almost to the lace on Icar-ish, the Seraphim shawl pattern's in, everything yarn-related is coming up roses.

Then, this morning, Sweetie starts being sick. I won't go into details, since it's gross, but long story short? We're hoping it's a virus, and failing that, a stomach ulcer. If it's not either of those, it could be pancreatic somethings, which, as a general rule, suck ass. I guess I should be thankful, in a way-- right now, I've got plenty of cash to cover emergency stuff, even a few months of rent if needed, and his parents have offered to help as well. If this had to happen, now is a good time for it, when we've got plenty of help and a great support system. It really makes you stop and think, when you're sleeping next to someone you love, how very small is the line between there and gone. I mean, one tiny virus, given enough time to mutate, can take us away from everyone we love. So, I know nobody reads this thing (except for Hastur, and she knows all the details), but I urge any of you who might be out there lurking, maybe skimming for good free patterns or whatever, to go and tell people how much you love them, and how happy you are that they're in your life. If you are religious, thank whatever you follow that you exist. If you're not religious, just be appreciative. I know I am.

No comments: