Thursday, January 25, 2007

Shameless Bribery

So, I'm over at Hastur's the other night, and we're talking yarn, and we're talking liberal education, and we're talking feminism (you know, a good night all around) and she asks me to show her some good shawls for... I forget the event, but I think that can be forgiven, since my mind was immediately in pattern mode. I took her by Fiddlesticks, and by Blackberry Ridge (my two personal favorites) and we oohed and aahed and coveted in general, and Hastur happened to remark that she loved the shawls, but did not know how to knit.

Now, you may have figured this one out by now, but I'm an enabler. If you display the slightest interest in learning to knit, I will give you yarn and needles straight away. Maybe 1 out of 10 people I bestow yarn on actually keep it up, but it's worth it. It's like growing plants from seeds: you start out with about a million, hoping to get half a dozen good shoots (or at least I do, but I suck at gardening).

So, Hastur says jokingly, "Sure, I'll learn to knit if you'll get me a skein of SeaSilk!"

And I am like, "Done."

So let it be known: I will get Hastur a skein of Fleece Artist Sea Silk (in the color of her choice, we can special order that shit) if she'll learn how to knit. I don't forsee it being difficult for her, what with being crafty in general, and then... then she will know the true power of the dark side! Muahahahaha!

No comments: