Friday, April 28, 2006

It's Alive!

And finished! K.'s stole is finally, ultimately finished! It's blocking on the couch right now, a whopping six and a half feet long and two feet wide! And here I was worried about not making 60 inches. Pictures forthcoming. Oh man, pictures so wonderfully, wonderfully forthcoming. I think it'll take an extra blocking once this one is done, though - I really wasn't expecting this kind of growth, and I fear our meager couch just isn't up to the task. Plus, you know, I wanted to do an initial block before I wove in the ends, so I could make sure nothing woulc pucker. But it's gorgeous. It's goddamn beautiful. And what's more, it's done on time.


Update:

So, it occurred to me that while I don't have a long, flat horizontal surface good for blocking, what I do have are a bunch of walls and pushpins. Hells yes, there is now a giant stole blocking in my living room. It is teh awesome.

No comments: