Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Botchulism Tacos at Ramadan

So, today was my birthday :) Sweetie and I cooked a large birthday meal, consisting of grilled salmon in a pomegranite marinade, steamed asparagus in a butter sauce, and, of course, Botchulism tacos.

I like to call them that, regardless of the fact that they have no meat products, and are not in any way tacos. They're more like biscuits. You get two whole avocados ($4), 3 cups of shredded cheddar/monterey jack with jalepenos cheese ($3.5), a box of bisquick ($2) that you only use about half to 3/4 of, and a can of diced tomatos with the mild green pepers in them ($1). Mash up the avocado real good, mix it all together, and bake for 15-20 minutes at 325 - they'll poof up and settle back down during cooking. A batch this size makes about a million (or 3 dozen, in our case). They are delicious. I will eat a pound of them for lunch tomorrow. Total cost: $10.50

Speaking of lunch, I also found out today that PrimaryBrother is keeping Ramadan this year! I'm really proud of him; dad's been doing it for about 3 years now, and I'm glad he's doing it too. Next year I should really think about joining them with that, I only eat once a day anyway and it's not too hard to push that back an hour for the sunset.

In other news, K-the-knitter got me two skeins of green Kathmandu for my birthday, J-the-roomie got me the Serenity soundtrack, and Sweetie, heart of my heart, got me firefly and unleashed :) I luff him. I'll make him some bo'tacs to take to work tomorrow.

No comments: