Saturday, February 11, 2006

Knitting Olympics - Days 1 and 2

The Knitting Olympics (and I suppose those regular ones) both started today at around 1:30 p.m. At this time, I was at work, with many hours left to go and pouring rain to walk through once I could leave. I got home at six, kissed Sweetie goodbye for the weekend (he's visiting home), and got to work spinning up some yarn for my bright yellow socks. I tried a new technique, from Paula Simmon's Spinning for Softness and Speed, but I don't think I got the hang of it - I certainly didn't get any good yarn out of it that night, and unspun what I had for later use. With such a mighty unachievement under my belt, it was time for dinner, some reading, and bed. Thus starts my trial - not with a bang but a whimper.

Day 2 dawned bright and clear, and I set to work. Today, I will spin. Today, I will fill three - perhaps four! - bobbins with bright buttery yellow goodness. If I spin too much, after all, I can make a Liesel scarf :) Maybe I should do five bobbins, just in case.

More forthcoming.

No comments: