Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Forging Ahead

Well, it's now 31 days until the wedding, and we finally have a budget! The meeting of the parents went down this weekend, and nobody yelled or killed each other or were rude to Sweetie's folks (you can see by my clever literary trick that by 'nobody' I mean 'my parents').

So, yeah. Since this weekend, we have:
1) Picked out a dress
2) Picked out tuxes
3) Paid for Sweetie's ring
4) Gotten card stock for invites
5) Gotten addresses for invites
6) Made a guest list
7) Made a registry
8) Picked out favors
9) Picked out flowers
10) Picked out centerpieces

And we are in the process of:
1) Finding a new music person
2) Confirming prices with the caterers
3) Finding a photographer
4) Finding someone to do the ceremony
5) Designing invitations
6) Sending said invitations, along with confirming by phone that we DO mean NEXT MONTH.

So, yeah. Good times. Know what else has been doing?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Panda Bonzai,
I found out (and it was hard to) that you are the designer of the "Galveston Square Shawl" which is really gorgeous. I'd like to know if I could upload the patter (I found a link in Ravelry) but it doesn't work ??

I hope all the things are ok because you prepare your wedding, I will surely be a nice day for you.

Thanks for an answer.

Agnès

Liz said...

Gosh, I felt like I was rushing to get my wedding together, and we've had way more time to plan! Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

Hey Agnes, I just wanted to let you know that I've got the pattern for Galveston on hold until after the wedding. By this point, I'm really wanting to include a photo of the finished Galveston Prime at the wedding, and hopefully the digital camera I registered for will make that happen :) As soon as the full patterns for Galveston are up, I will make a giant announcement both here and on Ravelry (and anywhere else I can think of!)