Sunday, October 21, 2007

Free Pattern - Anya Scarf

Name: Anya *
Yarn: 1 ball KnitPicks Shadow (or ~440 yards of your favorite laceweight yarn)
Needles: US 4/3.5 mm
Length: 60"
Notes: Anya is a fairly simple lace scarf, based on Orenburg shawl designs. Like these shawls, Anya is based in garter-stitch, and so produces a lovely squishy type of lace. I did not use the entire ball of Shadow, but only because I could not finish another whole pattern repeat. YMMV.

Anya is here being modeled by Sullivan Ross, a *TEN FOOT TALL* statue on the A&M Campus, which is why it looks a bit skimpy on him.

Pictures!
Modelled on Sully:


Flappin' in the breeze:

Better shot of the pattern:


Chart! (click for big)


Instructions!
Cast on 51 sts, knit 10 rows. On last row, place marker 5 sts from either end to create selvage. These first and last stitches are knit every row. The chart is for the 41 stitches between these selvages. The rest of the instructions will not reference them, but refer to the chart stitches.

The first 4 rows of the chart is section A. The area after that but before the last row is section B, and the last row is section C.

*Work section A 8 times, then work section B; repeat from * four times more, for a total of 5 repeats. Work section A 8 times. Work section C.

Knit 10 rows, bind off (is a simple pattern). Block lightly. Enjoy!

[size=1]* I could not get the PDFs to work. I hope folks don't mind.[/size]

8 comments:

erasmus (aka jiva) said...

Thats really pretty thanks for sharing. (jiva)

Liz said...

It's lovely! I've bookmarked it in case I ever need a scarf.

Sue said...

Really, really pretty! I've saved it.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the lovely scarf pattern; it has been added to my 'top 10 projects to-do' list. No problem with it not being in pdf form; the 'click-to-big' works just fine.
Two things more: Regarding your review of the trip to say goodbye to Aunt Jo = the dynamics between you and your mom touched a nerve with me -- the ironic one that makes me smile. And, any more thoughts/plans for the fiber Mill?

Tina - Ladydove said...

You're chart doesn't match the scarf you knitted? It's missing the middle circle in the middle diamond?

Anonymous said...

Crap, you're right! Wow, I've had that chart for over a year now and never noticed that. Thank you so much!

jp said...

There are a couple of other small errors on the main pattern repeat B chart on the sides.

Row 20 of B
Cell 4 from left needs a \ after the circle and cell 4 from righ needs a /before the circle.

Fifth last row of B
Cell 12 from left needs a \after the circle and Cell 12 from Right needs a / before the circle.

Anonymous said...

I love the pattern, but I have one issue. Would it be possible for you to label the sections of the pattern in the PDF? I was able to find this blog post with the info I needed, but someone who might download the PDF and start it somewhere without internet would be left hanging.

Thanks!