Friday, December 30, 2005

Socks!

Okay, so the green socks I made over the holiday? They will always have a special place in my heart - your first always does. But now? I am beyond them. I have entered a higher plane of sockmaking existance. I've now got needles from 0-2 in plenty, resting lovingly atop balls of yarn that thy are destined one day to conquer. Right now, though, I'm making the Friday Harbor socks from Folk Socks for sweetie out of that Senso Cotton from Hobby Lobby. It's about as cheap, per pair of socks, as Magic Stripes, and I like the feel of it better. Plus, being a solid color, I can actually play around with, you know, interesting patterns that aren't Jaywalker. Self-striping is nice, but there's definitely something to be said for a well-made sock with texture. I hope to finish this pair by Monday (yeah right!) so that his boss-who-likes-me may be suitably impressed.

No comments: